Below are some of our medium-term projects to give you some idea of our server-side expertise.........................
Content Management Systems
Newsbeat Developments develops affordable custom designed content management systems. A typical CMS system would include:
- User/password control
- Mini Stats
Some of our clients utilising this system would be NAPTOSA, SYZYGY, NCCA, etc.
Alternatively we can set the client up with ever popular Joomla CMS. The newsbeat site is running from a Joomla CMS.
Server-Side Dynamic Conference Website
Apart from static HTML pages the site boasts an on-line Abstract Submission facility allowing the user to:
- Open a new account and enter a personal profile
- Submit his/her abstract on-line
- Review the status on the abstract
- Edit the abstract
- Register as a delegate on-line
The site has a detailed Administrative Panel for the evaluating Local Organising Committee:
- Appoint reviewers and their allocated abstracts for review
- Examine reviewers' comments
- Control Users' accounts including passwords and access levels.
The appointed reviewers can go online, review and comment on their allocated abstracts. Once submitted the abstracts are reviewed.
The site is developed in PHP using MySQL as a database.
Some major conferences over the last years have been 17th ISEE, International Polymer 2006, AfriHealth 2007 and the 12th ISVEE International Conference in 2009 and WCRE Conference 2011.
Department of Science and Technology (DST) Review
The object of this site was threefold:
- To gather information from the various project leaders, via a number of detailed on-line questionnaires, on the status of the DST's poverty alleviation programmes;
- Data was dynamically produced in graphical format via a series of bar charts.
- The site was then converted into a stand-alone Web Application that could be run independent of any server.
- The system consisted of a user friendly, yet secure, interface that guided the project leader through the various steps required to enter the data. The project leader had a facility to upload documents to the server to support his/her findings.
All the above information, including user access, is controlled by the Administrator.
A similar development was developed for the Agricultural Research Council
The complete system was then converted into a stand-alone application (including the MySQL database), place on a CD for data evaluation offline.
Shopping Cart for transactional and non-transactional servers
Some of the features include:
- A detailed product list including the various ordering quantities
- Order are done via a shopping cart system
- The client to upload/amend/delete products
- Orders may be viewed and administrated on-line
- Total access control
- Customer database
- Once an order has been submitted the client is notified via e-mail
The objective is to develop an affordable system for non transactional server applications.
Customised Project Management System
This Project Management System has been an on-going project for the last five years.
The project is audited from the Enquiry, Quotation, Job Card to the completion. Uploading of Reports and the Recording of various tests are some of the extra features.
The CEO, and other authorised parties, may access the system (internally or externally via a www address) and know immediately the status of any given project, quotation or enquiry.
The system also generates the necessary documentation for quotes, job cards and contracts.
Online Database for the University of Pretoria
An online, user friendly database for lecturers at the School of Health Sciences and Public Health - University of Pretoria. Track is kept of the postgraduate students via a number of preset queries.
The project, initially started off as a simple database query system, has now evolved into a intricate student query system.